Welcome to Sufficient Acres!
We live on a few acres in south central Washington in the windy Columbia Gorge. We firmly believe that we all should be good stewards of the things that God has blessed us with. Our goal for this blog is to encourage, share advice and tips about cooking from scratch, raising chickens and ducks (for eggs and meat), gardening, homeschooling and whatever else we are doing at the moment. A more sustainable, frugal and intentional lifestyle is what we are all about and if you’re striving for the same thing, you are not alone! This blog is also somewhat of a journal for us so when we’re feeling frustrated and discouraged we can look back and see that we really are making progress!
This is an about page so I thought we should share some randomness about ourselves….
10 Things About Grace:
- I am married to my best friend.
- I have the best 4 kids in the whole world.
- I need lots of Jesus and coffee EVERY day and chocolate most days!
- I live 8 miles down the road from the house I grew up in.
- I’m horribly unorganized. 🙁
- I like to cook, but I LOVE to eat.
- I really want a pot bellied pig, but my husband won’t let me have one. boooo!
- My camera is my buddy.
- I love teaching kids (most of the time).
- One of my pet peeves is when people refer to living on a small farm, homesteading, growing and preserving your own food, etc. as “the simple life”…. PEOPLE,… there ain’t nothin’ simple about it!!!
10 Things About Jess:
- I don’t like to talk about myself… Pretty well sums it up, so my wife is going to finish my list for me…
- Thinks outside the box.
- Loves God and his family very much.
- Heavy equipment operator.
- Adores his wife’s cooking.
- Has a green thumb.
- Likes everything to be just so, which he calls meticulous. (I call it anal-retentive)
- The shop is his favorite place….probably because his unorganized wife and preteen daughters aren’t out there much,… and well, there is also a couch and a beer fridge.
Come and join us as we share our experiences while we do what we can, with what we have, where we are!
Jess and Grace
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. Colossians 3:23