I know, I know, I’m on an Italian kick… Italian dressing, Italian seasoning, Italian sausage and now Italian fried zucchini. If you think that’s bad, just wait for my zucchini kick coming soon! This recipe starts my line up of zucchini recipes, zucchini bread, zucchini casserole, zucchini fritters, zucchini pizza, zucchini pancakes, zucchini dog treats, zucchini and fish….Okay, just kidding. But, I’m not kidding when I say the zucchini is completely OUT of control in my garden.
It’s a darn good thing chickens and goats like zucchini, and they turn them into eggs, milk and meat for us! WooHoo!
On to the recipe:
You will need 1 medium zucchini or 2 small zucchini, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/2 a teaspoon garlic salt, 1/2 a teaspoon Italian seasoning, 2 eggs, oil for frying, salt and pepper to taste, and a little spaghetti sauce for dipping if desired.
Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a skillet on medium heat. Slice the zucchini to desired thickness, scramble the eggs in a small bowl and add a little salt and pepper. Mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt in another small bowl.
When the oil is hot, dip a slice of zucchini in the egg mixture then put in in the bread crumb mixture and cover completely. Gently put the covered zucchini slice in the hot oil. Brown on both sides. You will have to add a little oil after each batch is done.
Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
Let it cool slightly before serving with a little warmed spaghetti sauce for dipping.
- 1 medium or 2 small zucchini
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- Warmed spaghetti sauce for dipping if desired
- Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat.
- Slice the zucchini to desired thickness.
- Scramble the eggs in a small bowl and sprinkle in some salt and pepper
- In a separate small bowl mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning.
- When the oil is hot dip a zucchini in the egg until covered then roll it in the bread crumb mixture until completely covered then gently place it in the hot oil.
- Brown both sides and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil.
- You will need to add a little oil to the skillet after each batch is done frying.
- Let the zucchini cool slightly and serve with some warm spaghetti sauce for dipping.