This mix will season 2 pounds of ground pork. I use this sausage in any recipe calling for Italian sausage. It’s so yummy and I love that I know exactly what’s in my sausage!
You will need 1 teaspoon ground pepper, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons *Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I use smoked paprika), 1 teaspoon minced dried onion, and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt. If you like fennel seeds go ahead and add 1/2 a teaspoon. I’m the only one in my family that likes fennel seeds so I leave them out.
Mix all the spices and seasonings together and add them to 2 pounds of ground pork. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours before you cook it. You can easily cut the recipe in half if you only need a pound. The extra pound can be frozen for later easy enough.
This is great in spaghetti, on pizza, and I’ve been using in to make zucchini boats…. Oh soooo good!
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning (a mixture of basil, oregano, marjoram, rosemary and thyme)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onions
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients together and stir into 2 pounds of ground pork. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours before cooking.
*You can buy Italian seasoning at the store or here is a link to my easy homemade Italian seasoning.
This post was shared at: The Weekend Potluck –