This post contains affiliate links.
I never thought about making my own seasoning mixes until I realized that corn was triggering my migraines. Because of that I started reading labels and was utterly floored over what I was reading! That has been several years ago now and our diet has changed SO much and still continues to change as I learn more! Making my own seasoning mixes was part of that change. I have gathered many recipes over the years and have shared many of them on the blog.
If you’re not already making your own seasoning mixes read the 6 reasons why you should! If you are already convinced and just want some recipes scroll to the bottom of the post where I linked all of my seasoning mix recipes. 🙂
- You can use your FRESH ingredients with no MSG, corn starch or any other nasty stuff.
- You can adjust the ingredients to your families liking or dietary needs.
- It’s a frugal thing to do! I’ve done the math a few times and it’s cheaper to make my own. Especially if you can find your herbs locally and in bulk, or better yet, grow your own. I love FRUGAL!
- This may be my number one reason even though I wouldn’t have believed it if you had told me this a few years ago. Homemade seasoning mixes taste better….really, they do!
- They are convenient! I make up big batches and/or several packets of my spice mixes at one time. It’s handy when I’m organized enough to have a meal plan, that way I know what spice mixes I will need for the next week or two and can have them handy for those busy week nights.
- No waste! We have a local health food store that I take my spice containers to, and the sweet lady there will fill them up for me! You can look at this post about how I organize my spice cabinet, and these Rubbermaid containers work great for storing individual spice packets.
Here are links to every spice mix I have posted so far: